The pharmaceutical industry typically uses nozzles and sprays for tablet coating and for SprayDry of mixed materials. In each application, spray distribution and droplet size are critical for a high quality final product. In the Spray Analysis and Research Services labs, process conditions to achieve a target spray may be determined, or a current process may be characterized. Spray environment simulations may also be conducted to ensure sufficient interaction between the spray material and its surroundings.
Additionally, FluidAir offers an industry leading solution for fluidized bed applications. Spray Analysis and research services can evaluate, optimize, and simulate these fluidized bed scenarios.
Key Applications may include:
- Tablet coating nozzles and modular manifolds for batch and continuous processes
- SprayDry® nozzles designed to minimize clogging and build-up, allow fine-tuning of particle size and resist wear to extend production runs
- Fluid bed nozzles in top- and bottom-spray designs for Wurster coating, granulating and bead coating
- Hydraulic nozzles for blending and high-shear granulation
- Hygienic vessel cleaning devices for aseptic cleaning